If you’ve gotten into cruising taxi that you’ve flagged down by raising your arm in the air, you can use the QR code payment option to pay for your ride. Do this by selecting S.RIDE Wallet in the S.RIDE app and then by selecting S.RIDE Wallet using the tablet provided in the backseat of the taxi.
Some taxis have a tablet set up in the backseat of the taxi, which allows riders to pay for their trip via QR code payment.
Companies which allow payments to be issued via QR code payment are Kokusai motorcars and Daiwa Motor Transportation (some cars). The number of companies allowing riders to pay via QR code payment will be increased (as of May, 2021).
Companies Accepting QR Code Payment (S.RIDE Wallet) [As of May, 2021]
Taxi Company Service Offered (○ = Yes)
- 23 wards of Tokyo, Musashino City, Mitaka City
- Green Cab ○
- Kokusai Motor ○
- Kotobuki Transportation ○
- Daiwa Motor Transportation ○
- Checker Cab ○
- Tokyo Metropolitan Individual Taxi Cooperative ○ (some vehicles)
- Izumi Motor Transportation ○
- Escort Transportation ○
- Tama district
- Tokyo Individual Taxi Cooperative (Minamitama) ○ (Some vehicles)
- Daiwa Motor Transportation Group (Kitatama) ○
- Tachikawa Kanko Motor ○
- Hachiko Motor ○
- Kanagawa Prefecture
- km Yokohama ○
- Aichi Prefecture
- Towa Transportation ○