QR code payment (S.RIDE Wallet) is a service which allows riders who have flagged down a cruising taxi by waiving their arm in the air to pay for their ride via QR code payment. Tablets are set up in the backseats of taxis to accommodate this type of payment. However, this method of payment is only offered by taxis providing QR codes. Please go here to see a list of taxi companies which offer this service.
[Using the Service]
1. Install S.RIDE on your smartphone and register your credit card information.
2. Flag down a cruising taxi
3. Tap the S.RIDE Wallet button displayed at the bottom of the screen on the tablet located in the backseat of the taxi.
4. Select S.RIDE Wallet from the S.RIDE menu on your smartphone and scan the QR code displayed on the tablet in the backseat with your smartphone.
(Please complete steps 3 and 4 before making your payment. If you are going to make a payment by scanning the QR code, please make your payment right after getting into the car.)
5. A notification will be sent to the driver’s tablet (the tablet beside the driver’s seat).
6. The payment will be completed without having to provide any credit cards or other items to the driver when making your payment.